Address of Library
P.O. Box 1072 451 Main St.
Tulelake, CA 96134
Branch Assistant: Tricia Plass
Contact This Branch
Friends of the Tulelake Library
About the Library
The Tulelake Library, in its early years, operated in different locations, including several in Oregon. Later it became known as the Winema Branch until it closed in 1941. In 1944, the Tulelake City Council began providing space for the library at City Hall. It then relocated to the Booth Building in 1950, and in 1960 to the building where it is currently located. The building, which was purchased by the City of Tulelake for $5,000, had previously housed a drug store and fountain.
The Library serves the local Modoc County population as well as Siskiyou County. Modoc County Library contributes to help support this Library.
Recently Friends of the Library started meeting again, and began developing a plan for a much needed renovation to the library building. Repairs have started and we now have a new level floor. Painting and new carpet installation will be completed this fall. Cleanup and landscaping library property have already begun with many other improvements scheduled. The City of Tulelake has generously budgeted for the cost of these repairs.